Depending on how the nerve injury, but symptoms can vary from pain, loss of sensation in the lower to the symptoms of the digestive system, urinary tract, blood vessels and heart. Some patients have mild symptoms but many patients also have terrible pain, incapacity and even death
Neurological disease due to diabetes is the most serious complications of diabetes. You can prevent or slow the progression of neurological disease due to diabetes by controlling blood sugar closely and have a healthy lifestyle.
Neurological disease due to diabetes has four main types. Patients may have a form or a symptom of many types at once. Most of the symptoms manifest slowly as the patient did not notice until a serious injury. Some patients have symptoms even before diabetes is diagnosed.
Symptoms of neurological disease due to diabetes varies depending on what type and how nerve injury:
Peripheral neuropathy is the most common neurological disease due to diabetes. It hurt the nerves in the feet, lower limbs, arms and hands, but the lower limbs and feet are usually affected most. These symptoms include:
* Numbness or decreased sensation of pain, hot and cold temperatures, especially in the feet.
* Stinging sensation, such as tingling, burning starts in your toes and gradually spread to the feet.
Pain like a knife stabbing, such as electric shocks or knives, often up at night.
* Increased sensitivity to touch, feel – a few patients, even up blanket is painful.
* Loss of balance and coordination
* Muscle weakness and difficulty walking
* Many leg problems are severe, such as Glucofort ulcers, infection, deformity and painful joints.
Autonomic nervous system controls the operation of the agency: heart, bladder, lung, stomach, digestive, reproductive organs and eye. Diabetes can damage the nerve fibers in any organ, causing:
* Bladder problems: recurrent urinary tract infection often does not control or primary (elementary patients not resist)
* Digestive problems: as the first breath, heartburn and abdominal pain
* Constipation, diarrhea, uncontrollable or a combination of constipation and diarrhea
* Eat slowly emptied indigestion caused by gastric (stomach paralysis), leading to nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite.
* Erectile dysfunction affects over 50% of men with diabetes> 60 years old.
* Vaginal dryness and difficulty in sexual activity in women.
* Increased or decreased sweating
* The inability to regulate blood pressure and heart rate, leading to postural hypotension when the patient changes posture to sit or sugar.
* Issues related to regulating body temperature.
* Change the way the eyes adjust from light to dark.
Neurological disease usually occurs automatically on diabetes patients control blood sugar for many years is not good.
Also known as femoral neuropathy or muscle atrophy caused by diabetes. Neurological origin often painful in the hip, thigh, buttocks, usually starting on one side, eventually leading to muscle weakness and muscle atrophy patients difficult to change positions from sitting to standing. Many patients with severe weight loss. Some patients with pain in his back. Nerve root disease usually occurs in elderly patients or patients with type 2 diabetes.
Focal neuropathy usually appear suddenly often related to a nerve independent. Common in elderly patients. Neurological disease that can cause localized pain and may disappear after a few weeks or few thang.Nhung symptoms include: